From the beginning of this year union members have stood together and put pressure on Crown to deliver a new EA that keeps us as the best-paid casino workers in Australia and delivers real improvements to key working conditions.
Now, the proposed EA has been finalised and it is time for employees to vote in a formal ballot for approval of the new Agreement.
How will the ballot occur?
The ballot will be conducted by the Australian Electoral Commission. It is a confidential vote in which employees will be asked to vote about whether they support the proposed agreement being approved.
Employees will be able to vote on site from Thursday 7 November until 5:00pm Monday 11 November.
Employees who are on leave during this time will have their ballot paper posted to them on Thursday 7 November and must post it back by Monday 11 November to ensure it is counted.
Why is it important that I vote?
It is only if a majority of employees vote “yes” to the proposed agreement that the new wages and conditions of the proposed EA will come into effect.
So it is important that all employees have your say, and make sure they vote if you want to secure your new wages and conditions.
What will happen after the ballot is completed?
If a majority of employees vote “yes” to the proposed agreement, it will then go to the Fair Work Commission for final approval. Once they have approved it, employees will then receive your pay increases and back pay.
How can I find out more?
For more information about the proposed EA, or the ballot process, speak to a delegate or organiser on site. Alternatively, call your Union Rights Centre on 03) 9235 7777.
BALLOT PROPOSED EA
THURSDAY 7 NOVEMBER – MONDAY 11 NOVEMBER
MAKE SURE YOU VOTE TO HAVE YOUR SAY AND SECURE YOUR NEW WAGES AND ENTITLEMENTS
OUR WORLD CLASS STANDARD: Key Features of the Proposed EA
The proposed EA contains key improvements members have stood up for to achieve the world-class standard that we all deserve. Members have shown amazing strength and unity by putting their faces, their names, and their stories to the fight to win the following key changes in our new proposed EA:
- 4% wage increases each year, for three years
- Back pay to July 2013
- Work Life Balance
- Up to 2 weeks purchase leave each year
- Improved access to TIL for full timers
- Fair system to access leave during blackout periods
- Transparent career progression for all of Crown
- Transparent conversion for part time bands, or up to full time
- New time-based career progression in Table Games
- New time-based career progression in Security
- Increased first aid allowance for Security
- Consultation to protect jobs in departments such as Hotels
- Improved Consultation Committee rights
- Improved consultation requirements for changes to our work