Terms and conditions of entry
- Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
- This competition is being run on location at the Union desk located outside IDs restaurant at the Crown Complex, 8 Whiteman St, Southbank Victoria ‘The Casino’ during the promotional period and online via the United Voice Facebook page.
- The competition opens Friday 30 March 2017 and concludes on Friday 21 April 2017 (‘Promotional Period’).
- The promoter of this competition is United Voice Victoria (ABN: 19 845 840 893) located at 117-131 Capel Street, North Melbourne 3051 and is authorised by Jess Walsh, Branch Secretary.
- Officers, officials, employees and immediate families of officers and employees of the Promoter and any other agencies associated with this Competition are ineligible to enter. Members’ delegates are eligible to enter.
- The competition is open to entrants of any age.
- The competition is open to union members only. Non union members are ineligible to participate in the Competition.
- People may enter the competition by completing the My Career at Crown survey available from the Union Desk situated outside IDs restaurant at Crown Casino. All required information and contact details must be stated clearly on the form. People may enter the online competition by being the first to correctly answer the question posed on the union’s Facebook page in the comments to the relevant post.
- The prize consists of a GoPro Hero Black and accessories valued at approximately $750.00 (“the Prize”). The Prize is subject to any written conditions provided with the Prize.
- The winner of the Competition will be determined by the Prize draw at 7:45pm on Friday 21 April at the Union desk located outside IDs restaurant at the Crown Complex, 8 Whiteman St, Southbank Victoria. The draw will be of all entries entered within the Promotional Period. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. The winner need not be present at the draw.
- The winner of the Prize will be notified by mail or email, private Facebook message (where appropriate) and telephone within two business days of being determined/ selected. The name and Crown ID of the winner will also be published on the United Voice Victoria website www.wearecrown.org.au within two business days of being determined/ selected.
- The Prize must be collected within seven days of each draw by 7pm from the Union desk located outside IDs restaurant at the Crown Complex, 8 Whiteman St, Southbank Victoria. Failure to collect the prizes within this time will result in them being forfeited and the promoter may draw /select another winner of the prize, subject to the approval or directions if a relevant regulatory authority.
- The prize awarded may not be exactly as illustrated in displays or marketing for the Promotion.
- Unless otherwise specified, prizes or an unused proportion of a prize are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize equal to the value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries, prize claims and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, place of residence and union membership status) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry or prize claim that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. An entry that is incomplete, indecipherable, ineligible or non-compliant with these terms and conditions is invalid and will not be accepted or considered. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of any of those rights.
- If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition to the full extent permitted by law and subject to any approval or directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no other correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Competition, an entrant releases and indemnifies the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) from and against all actions, liabilities, penalties, claims or demands the entrant may have against the Promoter or that the Promoter may incur for any loss or damage with is or may be suffered or sustained as a direct or indirect result of the entrant entering or participating in the Competition or winning or failing to win a prize, or using or permitting another person to use the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law or which would cause any part of this clause to be void or unenforceable.
- Authorised under permit numbers: not applicable.
Privacy, spam act and Do Not call Register Act Statement:
Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to the State Lottery agencies and the winners’ names published as required under relevant lottery legislation. All personal details of the entrant will be stored at the offices of the Promoter. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to that office.